Introduction to Fat Tire Biking Clinic
February 12 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$59.00
New to the sport of fat tire biking or looking for ways to enhance your skills? Join BICP Certified Bike Instructors, Val Foley and Isaac Cowart, for a fantastic day. You’ll learn how to stay safe on the trails, advice to help you be prepared for winter conditions, and foundational skills to manage your bike in snowy conditions.
The clinic will cover:
- What to Wear: How to dress appropriately for fat tire biking to keep you safe, warm, and happy while on the trails
- Bike Basics: Understanding the importance of air pressure, tires, and how to prepare you bike before you ride
- Essential Skills: Understand the principles of level pedal position, eye movement and vision, and safe braking techniques
- Bike Drills: Work on foundational bike handling drills including bike/body separation, steering, and cadence
- Take Your Skills to the Trails: Apply your skills with a guided ride of WinMan Trails where we will put into action your newly learned skills and abilities
We will utilize the heated chalet for breaks throughout the day as needed to warm-up and rejuvenate. Lunch will be provided as well as drinks and snacks throughout the day of the clinic.
Participants must come dressed appropriately for the weather and conditions. Participants must supply their own fat bike and bring a helmet. If you need to rent a fat bike, we recommend connecting with River’s Edge in Manitowish Waters or Coontails in Boulder Junction.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations made 72 hours prior to the event will be fully refunded. Any cancellations after that time will only be refunded if your spot in the event is filled by another participant. Thank you for your understanding.